Jen has a strong interest in pre-engineering education. This page was created to put all the resources she's interacted with and known about in one place.
Studies & Reading Materials on Women in Engineering
For Middle School Students
For High School Students Considering Engineering
- Explorer's Post
- U. Mass Lowell Design Camp
- Women in Aviation weekend
- Women in Science and Technology Conference for High School girls
- UNH Tech Camp (Grades 7-10)
- Christa Macauliffe - various programs related to engineering and science - page updated year-round
- NASA INSPIRE Program
- Wind with Miller
- BAE Systems
- WPI Programs
- Frontiers - Two-week, summer residential program for soon-to-be juniors and seniors interested in science, mathematics, and engineering. Are you interested in interactive media and games? Does electricity excite you? Would investigating DNA be fun to you?
- Launch - Five-day program for soon-to-be freshmen and sophomores interested in biology, chemistry/biochemistry, intereactive media and game development, and robotics. Does problem solving interest you? Do you want to get into a laboratory and discover?
- Strive - Five-day residential program for minority high school students. Do technology and science interest you? Do you want to have the opportunity to discover more?
- Wunders - Residential program for girls entering 9th and 10th grades who are interested in engineering, science and math. Do you think technology might be fun?
- Venture Camp - Experience this week long, day camp for teens who like the idea of starting a new business or social venture. Discover your strengths and passions.
- Camp Reach - A two week day camp that allows girls entering 7th grade to learn more about technology, science, and engineering. WPI has over 500 female students who find technology really interesting.
- Tech Days - Experience a one week, co-ed day camp that brings you to the WPI campus and into laboratories, workshops, and more. If you are entering 6, 7 or 8th grade and think someday you might be a scientist, or an engineer, or an inventor, or who knows what.